Once an online, written, by phone or SMS or verbal booking has been accepted by Michael Moder, the client will have entered into an agreement to have a treatment based on the following terms and conditions:
- We have the right to refuse or discontinue treatment at any point.Circumstances where this may apply include, but are not limited to:
- The client is under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs
- Recent surgery
- The client behaves in an inappropriate or offensive manner
- The client is or becomes an unwell e.g. fever, digestive upset, allergic reaction, seizure, fainting
- Clients under the age of 16 are welcome if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who will be asked to give signed consent to treatment. They will also be asked to remain present for the duration of the agreed treatment.
- Treatments conducted by Michael Moder are not a substitute for proper medical diagnosis and treatment. At no time will a client be encouraged to stop medical treatment or reduce or change their prescription drugs without prior discussion with a GP or consultant first. It is also the client’s responsibility to consult with their GP and get approval before any treatments can commence.
- During a client’s treatment consultation we will need to collect personal information which is important for our client-therapist relationship and will be used to tailor treatments. This information is strictly confidential. We will maintain its accuracy by updating it as advised by the client.
Cancellation appointments and missed session policy – If for any reason you are unable to attend your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible, at last, 48 hours before the term of appointment. The required notice for cancellation is a minimum of 48 hours. Where there is less as 48 hours notice of cancellation or if you do not attend your appointment you will be charged the full fee. The fee will be transferred on our bank account:
Account Number BUSINESS: 40972182
Sort Code: 934127
Regular price for 1 hour is 75 EUR.
Anti-discrimination policy – We strongly committed to anti-discrimination. We value difference and diversity and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender and gender identity, sexual preference or orientation, marital/partnership status, religion, race, colour, national origin, disability, heritage or political belief.
- Confidentiality and Record-Keeping– Confidentiality is an essential part of all counselling and therapy. We hold all records and personal contact details securely and will ensure confidentiality in the treatment of any information held about its clients, in line with our the Code of Ethics All information recorded and held is solely for the purpose of maintaining effective therapeutic treatment.
Confidentiality and Record-Keeping – Confidentiality is an essential part of all counselling and therapy. We hold all records and personal contact details securely and will ensure confidentiality in the treatment of any information held about its clients, in line with our the Code of Ethics All information recorded and held is solely for the purpose of maintaining effective therapeutic treatment.
- What data do we hold and why? We hold the contact data from your initial assessment sheet (Holistic Therapists – Record Card), on paper, so that we can contact you. We record information about what you tell us in our sessions depending on the protocol we are using. Often, we record only brief notes and these act as an ‘aide memory’ so that we can review the course of your therapy as time progresses. We record the number of appointments you have and the payments you make for business purposes. None of these records involves your full name or other details. We will discuss with you how you like to be contacted, and it is important that while you remain a client you notify us if any of these details change.
- How is the information stored? Most session notes are held on paper and kept locked securely when not in use. Data held electronically is on a personal computer and stored locally in a password-protected account. Phone contact details are held on a password protected work phone. We record appointments on the diary in phone, and data about the number of sessions and the payments. Your records are held for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. Clients have the ‘right to be forgotten’ however, and within a month of receiving a written request, all their records will be erased.
- Who is it shared with? All information will be kept confidential unless the client and therapist agree to discuss something with a third party such as for example your GP. Where appropriate a consent form will be used. The only reasons for breaking confidentiality would be if the therapist considered that your life was at risk, if another person’s life was at risk or if the therapist was liable to civil or criminal court proceedings if the information was not disclosed. If at all possible this would be discussed beforehand. In the event of us being unable to contact you (eg through sudden incapacity), a trusted person (Mrs. Moder) has access to our client list and will contact you directly. This is also a professional requirement. If we experience any data breaches, we will inform you as soon as possible.
Access – Clients can access their records by making a verbal or written request. Clients agreement and consent will be sought for the purpose of communication-related to their therapy arrangement. If we experience any data breaches, we will inform you as soon as possible.
It is strongly advised that if you are concerned about any aspect of your physical or psychological well being that you consult with your GP for an up to date evaluation of your health needs.
1.4.2018 / Midleton / Michael Moder, Holistic Therapist