Hot stone therapy is used to help you relax and ease tense muscles and unlock energy blocks.
During a hot stone therapy, (diagnostics, massage), smooth, flat, heated stones are placed on specific parts of your body (along your spine, on your stomach, on your chest, on your face, on your palms, on your feet and toes.
Sometimes, cold stones are also used during a hot stone massage. Cold stones may be used after hot stones to calm any engorged blood vessels and to soothe the skin.
Benefits of hot stone therapy:
- helps relieve muscle tension and pain
- cold therapy helps relieve inflammation
- reduces stress and anxiety
- less pain, tension, and anxiety after receiving post-operative massage
- promotes sleep
- may help relieve symptoms of autoimmune diseases
- may relieve painful conditions such as fibromyalgia
- people with rheumatoid arthritis may benefit from a moderate-pressure massage, such as hot stone massage (less pain, greater grip strength, and a greater range of motion after one month of massage therapy)
- may help decrease cancer symptoms
- may boost immunity